Saturday, August 21, 2010

Why Meow?

> By the way; Jay, what does Meow mean?

I am cat people. I like cats. A lot.

Once I was dancing around the house with my Cat in my arms (She thought it was as weird as you do, and dissapproved). I was also babbling happily about something or other.

"And what do you think about that, Kitty?" I asked.

She seemed to look at me with cold derision and say "What do you *think* I Think? Meow!"

As I let her down I realized that life can't be all that easy when all you have is one word to express yourself with. My Cat manages quite fine, spinning her one word into fanciful stories and even vile lies - "I've never been fed in *my whoooollleee Liiiiifffffeee*!"

Then I realized that no matter how intelligent I think I am, how pithy or deep anything I say is, To my cat it is essentially one long, overly complicated "meow!"

So I added ~Meow!~ to my signatures to say

A) I like cats

B) Hello! (Pet me, feed me, etc) As any friendly cat might

C) Remember, from a certain point of view, all of this is overly complicated mouth noises. Don't take it too seriously.

Jay ~Meow!~

No comments:

Post a Comment